Welcome to St Mary’s Catholic Church, Knaresborough
Welcome to St Mary’s Knaresborough. It is the town’s Roman Catholic Church, situated on Bond End on the main A59 on the edge of the town centre. The parish comprises all of Knaresborough town and many of the surrounding villages including Scriven, Scotton, Lingerfield, Farnham, Copgrove, Staveley, Arkendale, Coneythorpe, Flaxby, Goldsborough, Hay-a-Park, Harrogate Road up to the golf club house, and Forest Moor Road towards Harrogate up to and including White House Farm. For a map of the parish boundary click here. For directions to church see the Contact page.
St Mary’s front entrance from the A59 (Bond End)
Whether you are looking to join our parish community on a regular basis, or are enquiring about becoming part of the church for a special event, such as a wedding or a baptism, or simply visiting the area and looking for a place to worship, these pages should give you all that you need to know.
St Mary’s rear entrance from Church Lane and the church car park
Just before Christmas Midnight Mass
If you would like to get in touch we would be pleased to hear from you. In the meantime we hope you´ will enjoy your visit to our website.
Weekly Messages and Updates
Here are some more things for you:
- VATICAN 2: VOICE OF THE CHURCH
- Desiderio Desideravi
- Synod of Bishops 14th General Assembly – from Bishop Marcus
- Synod of Bishops 14th General Assembly – from Catholic Bishops Conference of England and Wales
- Synod of Bishops 14th General Assembly – from the Vatican
- Synod 2021-2023: St Mary’s Knaresborough
- Ukraine – Press Release from the Bishops’ Conference
- Ukraine – Message from Bishop Marcus
- Diocesan Diary 2021-2022
- Statement from the Bishops of England – ‘Sunday it is our Day’
- Caritas in Practice
- Catholic Care Counselling Service
- The Day of the Lord
- Encountering the Risen Christ
- Pope Francis Message for World Peace
- Livestream Field of Vision
- Coronavirus and mental health and increased risk of domestic abuse
- Raising awareness of domestic abuse
- Ethical considerations around a potential vaccine
- Serving a Wounded World
- Webcam Marriage Preparation and Relationship Counselling
- Prayers during a time of illness
- Catholic Care Community Markets
- Catholic Care Community Response Service
- Chaplet of Divine Mercy for those suffering from coronavirus pandemic
- Prayer for the Russian Security Council 2022
This Sunday’s Parish Bulletin is here.
Next Sunday’s Readings are here.
- Saturday: 10.30 am – 11.00 am
Sunday Mass Times
- Saturday 6pm
- Sunday 10am with Children’s Church
- Sunday 5pm
Privacy Notice for the Diocese of Leeds can be viewed here.